- Your Acceptance.
- Scope of this Statement.
This Statement covers the “personal data and information” we collect through this Service. “Personal data and information” is data that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us. Examples of personal information include your name, address, e-mail address, tax identification number and the information you provide when you use our Site to create an account or a personal profile.
- Data Collected.
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. PII, as described in US privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. PII is requested when you order a Service, register for an account, or send us feedback. For example, this information might include your name, address (both billing and registered), e-mail address, industry and product details, and credit card or other payment information. Such information may be held on our contacts and administration databases either because of the work we have done with you or are currently engaged in, or because we believe you might be interested in receiving material from us about our business and services. This allows us to manage our relationship with you efficiently, improve our Site and the services which we offer to you and to target items of interest we may send to you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that is statistical in nature only and that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual or entity, and which depends upon your usage of a Service. For example, this information may include the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access the website, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the website. This information is used in an aggregate form to make the Service more useful and attractive to its users.
Agreements Governing Your Use of Special Features and Password-Protected Areas of a Service. A Service may include special features and password-protected areas. For example, you may need a user-name and password to access a Service.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. We use “cookies” and other Web technologies to collect information and support certain features of our sites. For example, we may use these technologies to collect information about the ways visitors use a Service – which website pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page, for the following reasons:
- to manage and determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns;
- to support the features and functionality of a Service – for example, to save you the trouble of re-entering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits to our sites; and
- to personalize your experience when you use a Service.
Generally, the information we collect using these Web technologies does not identify you personally. If, however, you have created a user identity, for example, by signing up to use a password-protected area on one of our sites, we may link the information we collect using Web technologies to other information that identifies you personally.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave a site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit our website, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of our sites.
- Data Uses.
Generally. We use your PII:
- to provide the products, information and services you request;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience;
- to contact you with information and notices;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of a Service;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice or other agreement between OurVoice and you.
Specific Uses. Depending up the Service you use or access, your PII is used as follows:
- When using “Your representatives” or “politician search” functionality;
- You provide your location data, or an address, as well as a device identifier
- We pass this data to a few third parties for the purpose of determining what civic districts you belong to
- We log the results of the transaction in our database
- When updating your profile while not signed in with social media
- Your device identifier is transmitted to our database for the purpose sending push notifications
- Your profile information gets stored on your device; it does not go to our database or our logs
- Our system may attempt to send your device a push notification later on
- Based on your profile, stored locally, your device may alert you of the notification, if it’s relevant to the criteria you select.
- When signed in with social media
- Your social media profile is stored in our database for the purposes of sending emails that may be relevant to you, based on the criteria you select.
- What we do with data we store on your behalf
- data in Section A that is transmitted to a third party is sent only at the time of the the use of the “Your representative” or “politician search” function. It is not transmitted to a third-party at any other time.
- any data we store otherwise does not leave our organization; we do not sell, trade, or otherwise give away this data
- Canvassing data
- You collection location and survey data while you canvass.
- This data is stored on your device. It does not go to our database or our logs
- If you signed in with Dropbox, your data will be uploaded automatically from your device to your Dropbox account
- If you choose to share your data, your data is copied to that person’s Dropbox account
- Data Sharing.
Service Providers. We share personal information with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processing services, data storage services, and web hosting services) or that help us market our products and services (such as third-party e-mail marketing companies). These third parties are required by contract to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to take commercially reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
As Described in a Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as described in any privacy notice posted on the OurVoice website where you provide that information. By providing your personal information on that Web page you will be consenting to the disclosure of your personal information as described in that privacy notice.
As Described in a Click-Through Agreement. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as described in any click-through agreement to which you have agreed.
- Updating Personal Information.
If you have created an account or a personal profile on a Service, you may be able to access and update some or all of your personal information on your account settings or profile page.
We maintain a comprehensive data security program, including commercially reasonable administrative, physical, and technological security measures, to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, unauthorized use, and unauthorized or accidental destruction, modification or disclosure. Although we take commercially reasonable precautions to provide a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information we collect, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases.
- Password Protection.
For your protection, certain areas of a Service may be password protected. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords. We have the right to assume that anyone accessing a Service using a password assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities of anyone accessing our sites using a password assigned to you, even if the individual is not, in fact authorized by you. If you have reason to believe that your password has been compromised or used without authorization, you must promptly change it using the functionality provided on the Service.
- Links to Third-Party Websites.
This site may contain links to websites operated by other companies, including websites operated by our third-party service providers, our affiliates, and other third parties. This policy does not apply to personal information collected on any of these third-party websites. When you access third-party websites through a link on this site, you are responsible to know and comply with the policies of that website.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act
– See more at: http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
Our Site is not directed nor targeted to children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not use our Site to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), do not provide us with any personal information. If we learn that someone under thirteen (13) has provided personally identifiable information through one of our sites, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
- Governing Law.
This Statement is governed under the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.