- Protect and Maintain Our Agricultural Lands
In undeveloped (central and western) Palm Beach County there is significant agricultural production, especially nurseries, truck crops (vegetables), and sugar cane. Palm Beach County has been called the “Winter Vegetable Capital” of the nation.
- Ban supermarkets use of plastics in Palm Beach County – We must fight to keep our beaches and oceans clean. “No doubt you have heard of the so-called Great Pacific Garbage Patch, and thought goodness, that’s terrible, someone should clean up that island of trash.Here is the real story: There is no island of trash (it’s more of a trashy soup), and the solution is to stop our trash – mostly made of plastic – from getting to the middle of the ocean. Solving the problems of marine debris and plastic pollution is a perfect example of the need to think globally and act locally. “ Maggie Ostdahl, Sustainable Initiatives Manager, Aquarium of the Bay, San Francisco
- Develop a plan to end homelessness in Palm Beach County by 2023.
- Wage Theft Making it illegal for any employer to pay less than the amount of pay agreed upon by both employer and employee at the onset of the relationship. No illegal deductions shall me made from the employee’s pay.
- Fight for $15 Minimum Wage
6) Tuition Payments – As the Federal and State Government have declared war on the poor and middle class, we must stand in the gap to alleviate their burdens. Thus, a PBC resident family making less than $125,000 per year should pay $0 for tuition in colleges and universities within PBC.
7) Treatment of Dogs – Making it a felonious act to tie up a dog, outdoors, for more than one hour.
8) John Prince Park – Protection of John Prince Park from Development should be a priority and concern to all PBC citizens.
9) Tenants’ Deposits – Preventing Landlords From Keeping Tenants’ Deposits.
10) Conversion Therapy – Ban Conversion Therapy in Palm Beach County by denying occupational license to organizations engaged in such practice. Being LGBTQ is not a mental illness, thus making Conversion Therapy a complete fraud.
11) Fully fund the Office of Inspector General.